UW System is implementing ChemManager+, a chemical inventory platform, across all campuses as part of a multifaceted project to update, standardize, and improve procurement processes. UW-Madison is investing significant resources, including staffing and tools, to deploy ChemManager+ in all teaching and research labs that use chemicals.
UW-Madison will provide ChemManager+ at no cost to all teaching and research labs that need it.
By the end of the project, we will have a modern purchasing and inventory platform that will be used throughout the campus research and instructional community.
Chemicals used for purposes other than research and teaching, such as pool chemicals, maintenance, and custodial supplies are not within the scope of this project.
What is ChemManager+?
ChemManager+ is a platform for managing chemicals that integrates with the university’s cloud-based purchasing and payables platform.
ChemManager+ provides tools that will help support staff (including research, instructional, safety, and risk management) with key tasks.
ChemManager+ will help us to:
- Augment our ability to ensure the safety of faculty, staff, and emergency responders.
- Facilitate the work of faculty and staff to order, manage, and dispose of chemicals.
- Better manage costs for units through better sourcing, tracking, and inventory control.
- Enhance our ability to demonstrate compliance to regulatory agencies.
- Prioritize the use of EH&S resources.
You can contact the project team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.